WHEN: Sunday, December 9
WHERE: At the Tinmouth Community Center, 573 VT-140, Tinmouth, VT 05773
How much does the workshop cost?
This is a FREE workshop!
Please RSVP at 802-446-3037
Adult onset diabetes, also called Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, is a disease of metabolism and is the most common endocrine disorder diagnosed in the United States where it is considered an epidemic. Approximately 5 million deaths were attributable to diabetes in 2015! It is the third leading cause of death in the world Research has clearly demonstrated that healthy lifestyle and food choices could prevent 90% of Type 2 diabetes cases. The processed foods, full of salt, sugar and fat, are deadly contributors to insulin resistance.
Who is the workshop for?
Please join us if you or someone you love has been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes or struggles with any of the primary risk factors for Adult Onset Diabetes such as obesity, hypertension, high cholesterol or heart disease. Join us if there is a family history for any of these risk factors and you are interested or curious about in a healthier plant-based lifestyle.
During the 2.5 hour workshop you will:
· Understand the true dietary causes and effects of insulin resistance in our cells
· Learn cooking tricks to avoid food that are harmful and that increase insulin resistance
· Learn how to cook to increase fiber in your diet
· Learn to cook with foods that promote health and lower insulin resistance
· Learn the optimal servings and serving sizes of whole grains, legumes, fruit and vegetables, and nuts and seeds to promote health